Friday, December 2, 2016

Advent ~ Hope Day 3


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively HOPE by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. To an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that fadeth not away reserved in heaven for you who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1 Peter 1:3-5

As the trees go up this month and the nativity is placed, among the delight of the Christmas season is the Hope that came as a newborn. It is the month of Jesus' birthday, and as I say Happy Birthday Jesus, I am more pleased that he lives on in the Holy Spirit that abides each day with me. He chose me as he chose every human, even in the times that we are not aware, he loves one and all.

In the past few weeks, with the scars of an election that left many feeling not quite what to think of how the future might be, I can only turn to my trust in the plan of a God who loves all of us. I am saddened by the hurt that is prevalent these days. In my heart, I feel led to believe that things will turn out as they should. As the scripture says, I am rejoicing in the HOPE, and as hard as it may seem, being Patient in whatever tribulation may result, and constant in my prayer for all people in this entire world because of God's love for each and everyone.

My tree is up, but as I was thinking just today, Christmas is about Jesus' birth, but to a mom, the wonder of my Christmases over the years was when little ones were excited about the Christmas morning. Now they are all grown, my excitement level just is not the same for the Christmas season. Jesus is with us always, but how I miss those little ones and the wonder of them.
~happy advent 'n hugs 'n giggles 'n scribbles~

Peabea



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful still life photo and verse to refer to often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gayle...love seeing your visit and comment. :)

      Delete

Nothing better than a scribbled comment or just a Hello. I look forward to them all..~Have a great week~ Please note that since if I reply to your comment here, you won't know unless you keep traveling back, so I try to always visit anyone who comments and leave a comment on their blog plus I like visiting anyway and making new blog friends. Have a great scribbling day. :)